Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Picture is a thousand words

On a beautiful morning, I woke up and embrak on a journey to reconnect with friends in NYC. I happen to love my big city as well as I was missing going to India this year. I went to NYC by bus. It was adventure. I took one called DC2NY. We were in the worst traffic. I relearned being patient and meditate while I patient with myself. I got to NYC. I love the roasted almond. I bought some almond. I love walking around big city. I see everyone rushing to the next available thing to do. I watched and smiled.




I stayed in Hamption Inn in. It was nice to stay on the top floor since the elevator must come to the very top. I would not mind taking stairs anyway. My room was small, but I was content. The next morning I got up around 7am, I walked around Manthan; it was quiet and peaceful. I could imagine considering the idea to live in NYC again. After my monring walk, I wanted to share my practice at The Universal Force Healing Center. In this studio, they teach nama yoga. The good thing is your first class is free to explore whether you like the style of teaching. I met a wonderful friend, Sounji. It seems like we spoke prior before we met at the Studio. She was  very kind to show me around NYC and even shared food together. We spoke at length. Sending her love and positive energy. I hope she will find her calling in yoga.

TheUniversal Force Healing Center

Sounji and I went to Bhakti temple and their resturant will open soon. Here I captured the Founders, deities, fellowers and devotees.
Below is the picture of the resturant. I will love to go back to eat authentic vegan food.
At the temple sharing a meal with others. It was peaceful.
Food. It was delicious abd chanted over.
To my greatest surprise, They opened the deities. It almost seem like I was home. My also new friend, Krishna took all these amazing pictures of the Deities. Thank you.

Hare Krishina

My friend and I left for Central Park. I love park and outdoors.
I want to thank all the men and women for their work in public safety. Thanks for your kindness. Thank you a million times. I wish I can offer yoga to our service men and women all over the world.

At last, it was hard to say goodbye to my friend, Sounji.I don't know whether there is another word to express my gratitude for taking the time to show me around NYC. My friend, you are like a sister to me. I pray for you and your family. Thank you. Jar Guru dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment